Sunday 18 August 2013

Rule No.30: Don't listen to Michael Bublé when you're sad

I'm currently sitting on a train back to London, listening to Michael Bublé - Home. I DON'T WANT TO GO HOME!


Neither does Heather. 



I'm seriously considering doing what Colin Firth did in Love Actually...move out to Italy and write a book (or did he go to Spain?). Then fall in love with my Italian servant. Actually, I'll edit that bit of the movie...I'll fall in love with an Italian book publisher that owns a yacht and plays guitar. We can then sail around all day eating watermelon. 

Oh, I miss the watermelon. A waiter at the hotel used to bring me a piece every afternoon whilst I was lying like a whale on my sun lounger. 

I miss laying there and staring at the mountains. From now on I will only have a post office to look out at from my bedroom window...what a contrast. Maybe I should paint some mountains on my window.

I also miss Yari, the hotel pianist. For our last night he played all of our favourite songs (without us even asking) and he changed the names in one song to Gina and Heather. So cute! 

Here he is: 


On the plane back we had a pretty frightful experience. It was like something out of a horror movie. It kept moving. 


Poor child. He was peacefully sleeping while we were laughing/freaking out. 

Right I'm going to stare out of the window and daydream. Well it's not like I have anyone to talk to...


Our 4am start has obviously worn her out. Either that or I'm ridiculously boring. Probably both. 

Bye x 

No comments:

Post a Comment