Monday 26 August 2013

Rule No.33: Don't trust a hot dog man if he doesn't have onions

Well Reading Festival was pretty damn good. I now want to marry Eminem, the main guy from White Lies, the main guy from Foals, the main guy from Hadouken, and the guitarist from Fall Out Boy.

Afterall, I did win 'The Most Likely To Be A Serial Bigamist Award' in Sixth Form, so I think I should be allowed to marry them all.

I had a guest ticket for Reading courtesy of Sophie's amazing boyfriend. So we were very lucky. We had access to clean toilets, a bar with no queue, a nice seating area and access to backstage. The only problem was, my knowledge of what bands look like is TERRIBLE. I couldn't even tell you what most of my favourite bands look like (apart from Mcfly). Therefore, I was probably sharing a bench with someone from White Lies for example, and I wouldn't have known. The only people I actually recognised were Edith Bowman, Greg James and the guy from Hadouken (only because I had just watched him).

Greg James gave me a 'I know you, but can't think how' look when I was next to him at the bar. I decided not to say anything to save any embarrassment. Long story short, I met him at an awards last year...I was very drunk (I had taken advantage of the free cocktails) and kept telling him to grab my bum in a photo. He obviously declined, but I kept pestering him and he definitely thought I was pretty creepy. Therefore, last night I decided to act 'cool' and went to dance instead. Even though my dance moves were far from cool. Especially when Eminem came on, the wannabe rude girl dance moves came out.

On the Saturday we didn't eat after 3pm as we were too busy drinking wine and watching bands. Therefore, at 1am we decided to get a hot dog. First of the all the guy didn't have onions. What kind of hot dog man doesn't have onions??? Then, he put sweetcorn mayo on the hot dog (wtf?). It was odd, and the sausage was too small. Basically, I'm not sure I enjoyed it.

I was also not impressed to discover that the sweetcorn mayo contained bacon. I then moaned 'why didn't he warn us it had bacon in it? What if we were vegetarian?'. It then occurred to me that he had smothered it on a sausage.

To get back to Sophie's friends house that night we called the same taxi man that had dropped us off earlier on. He was an absolute legend, he just told us to call his mobile whenever we needed picking up on both nights, and he came within 15 minutes. The taxi queue was at least an hour long so he really did do us a favour. Therefore, you should always make friends with your taxi driver.

When we were watching Hadouken on Sunday we decided to be brave and go right near the front of the stage. OMG. What a mistake. During their first song they demanded "everyone...washing machines!". I was confused, Sophie was confused, but a load of 16 year olds knew exactly what he was on about. All of a sudden the crowd formed lots of massive circles and people were running around in them like wild boar, bashing into each other and making weird noises. Sophie and I held hands and prayed we weren't going to die. Luckily for us some teenage boys decided to look after us and therefore stopped us from getting crushed. A girl also put her arm round me to protect me. We obviously looked like very scared 'old and uncool people'.

Today I am exhausted. This burger helped though. We went to the Oakford Social Club for lunch before our journey back to London. I want to eat it AGAIN.



So good.

The Scandanavian diet is currently on hold.

I attempted to go to Notting Hill Carnival today, but I got there and it was absolutely crazy. I always forget how I actually don't really like it. I was supposed to be meeting Jade and Eve there, but due to lack of phone signal I ended up walking round on my own for an hour, so I decided to buy a curry from M&S and went home.

Luckily for me, Jade came over to mine to stay tonight, so I still got to see her anyway.

What a beauty.




Oh, I nearly forgot...I met a guy last night. I was dancing to a DJ in the guest area of Reading and I was making a bit of a tit out of myself (you can't attempt to dance like a cool person when Fatboy Slim comes on), but the guy seemed to find it funny. He's a music photographer and he's hot. Very hot. We already decided last night that we want to get married. However, looking back I'm pretty certain (hoping) that it was just drunken talk. Just like when we discussed that our babies would look South American...

Anyway, I think I have a date on Thursday.

Knowing me, it will all go wrong, but lets keep our fingers crossed.

Night x



No comments:

Post a Comment