Friday 9 August 2013

Rule No.23: If you want it then just get it*

I've just been shoppiiiiiing! Well, technically I exchanged something and upgraded by an extra £50...to nice new handbag. Woooo.






Personally I think it was a necessary purchase. If you saw the post 'Rule No.18' then you would have seen my other handbag, it had a big hole in it and a shoe lace as the zip head...I'm going to ignore the fact I could have fixed the hole and bought a new zip head because I LOVE my new bag, AND it has a side strap. Everyone needs a side strap. And, it looks posh and I want to be posh, or at least a little bit posh.

When I was browsing in Topshop tonight a denim crop top caught my eye. I was about to go over to look at it when a girl shouted to her mum "eerrgghh, can you believe someone would actually buy this?". I immediately changed direction and didn't look at the top. Oh the shame. I thought it was nice!! (She obviously had boring taste...)

I'm sorry to break it to you, but I'm going Italy on Sunday (YEESSSS). I'm going to Lake Garda with my house mate, and I can't bloody wait. I realised this morning that it will be the first time in three years that I'll be going on a holiday and not having to travel around everywhere. I can just chill and do nothing. I can actually take a suitcase and not a backpack! Oh, the luxury.

To add to my excitement I took a client to get a pedicure today so my feet are nice and my nails are bright pink. Also, Freya kindly sent me three bikinis for my holiday so I now have some beautiful bikinis to wear. Yea I know, you hate me.

Don't worry, I promise to blog from Italy (as long as I have wifi in the hotel). You're going to want to punch the photos of me lying by the pool and eating loads of tiramisu though. Muhahaha.

I have caveated todays rule as I don't believe you should always get what you want, but I do think that sometimes you should just do it. Like my handbag. I can afford it, so why not? If I was in debt then I wouldn't have got it, but I'm not, so bugger it. I WANTED IT. And today, I had made a salad for lunch but when lunchtime came around all I could think about was a chicken buritto. And, I know myself well enough to know that once I start thinking about a buritto then I won't stop thinking about a buritto. So I got one.


As long as you don't give in all of the time then I believe you definitely should on occasion. The other day I tried to avoid giving in...I'd already had dinner, but I really wanted a crumpet. I instead had a plum, but I wasn't satisfied so I had another plum. I ended up eating three plums and then still had the crumpet. It had got to the point where I wasn't going to stop eating things until I got my crumpet. Therefore, I should have just had one straight away. Silly bridget.

Anyway, if I get really fat then I can just follow Peter Griffin's rule. I think he has a valid point.


Actually, I'll be honest, I don't want to be round. Being short and round is not a good look. Have you ever heard anyone say "she was really fit, she was so short and round, it was really sexy". No, that's right, you haven't. I can't be round, I'm already short and I can't do anything about that.

My friend Ben has persuaded me to sign up to a silent speed dating night with him. It's not until 13 September, but OMG it's going to be the most awkward thing ever. Can you imagine anything worse than sitting in front of a complete stranger in silence? I would just have fits of giggles. The guy would probably be sitting there really seriously and I'll be snorting with laughter like a pig on laughing gas. I might have to wear a muzzle.

Good night x

No comments:

Post a Comment