Wednesday 24 July 2013

Rule No.12: Don't open your bedroom window when you're just wearing pants

I need to stop writing this blog so late at night, because the next day I read it and I've made so many grammatical errors, and possibly worse...SPELLING ERRORS. I've only just realised that I spelt 'disgusting' with a 'c' TWICE yesterday. How embarrassing. I've now made the changes... Please don't judge me.

Today has been a hard day. It started off well as I had a client breakfast in a lovely place in High Street Kensington called Aubaine. I love the two guys I met up with too, there's always a stream of constant banter. I love banter. However, having the morning out of the office meant I had a lot of catching up to do when I got back, and the work load just seemed to keep piling up. Therefore, I worked through lunch to try and get it back down again, but I was still not getting anywhere. Also, the fact I consumed a 'wholesome pot' for lunch did not help the situation, it was so bland it was like eating wet flour, and it made me feel very sad inside. Say that...my 4 O'clock meeting was very nice. I went to the Dean Street Townhouse (Johnny Marr was there when I walked in), and had the best scotch egg EVER. We then ordered three lots of scones, where we were only expecting three scones to arrive, but no, we got nine...NINE! We only managed one each, even though they were warm and ridiculously good. (Yes I know the diet is going terribly, but I haven't had dinner tonight. Well, except for the mouldy piece of toast that I'm currently nibbling on - FYI I've nibbled around the mould).

The scones:




I suppose my day doesn't sound too bad, but I didn't get back from my meeting until 7pm, and so I didn't leave the office to go home until 8.45pm. Ergh.

Going back to this morning, it finally hit me that I seriously need to stop opening my window when I'm not dressed. It's been so hot the past few weeks, and without a fan or air conditioning in my room I've been having to sleep in just my pants, sprawled across my bed with no duvet on. This morning I woke up a sweaty mess and went straight to open the window. A routine I've carried out for the past few weeks. However, it needs to stop. I need to put clothes on before I go to the window.

See the thing is, not only is my window one of the old fashioned ones that you have to push up to open (it's a more strenuous task and I have to squat to do it), but it overlooks the post office. Therefore, every morning there is a queue of people outside. I like to say they're my  fans (or they could just be a fan of picking up their parcels). The queue can range from 1 - 50 people, luckily today it was only six. But, it's safe to say they've probably all seen my breasts. Especially that man in the green jumper. Pervert.



Right, I'm off to bed. I'm going to attempt to post my blog earlier tomorrow...hopefully.

Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment