Thursday 18 July 2013

Rule No.7: Some things should not be shown in public

I think we'll all agree that starting the day with losing half of your Belvita biscuit in your coffee is never good. Everyone in the office thought I'd broken my leg as I was so distressed. Obviously I tried using my pen to fish it out, but that didn't work. It ended up just making the biscuit break into tiny soggy lumps so my coffee turned into some kind of mushy biscuit coffee porridge. It wasn't pleasant.

Then again I could have been one of the weirdos queueing up outside the new TK Maxx store in Balham at 8am this morning. They looked like they'd been queueing for hours. I just don't understand the need to get there so early? It's not like there was a sale on or Beyonce was opening the store. Maybe I just don't get the early morning TK Maxx hype.

In other news, I went to the Office press day with my colleague Charlotte this afternoon (I must say their A/W range is amazing!). On the way back to the office I started singing Joan Osborne, 'One of us'. I don't know where it came from, but I felt it was right at the time. Charlotte looked at me like I had just told her David Beckham was single and shouted 'that is one of my favourite songs!'. We then both burst into song and danced in the street all the way back to the office. I felt really cool and the wind was blowing my hair and skirt like Marilyn Monroe. However, judging by the odd looks we got I don't think we looked as glamorous as I felt. It was a special moment.

Talking about wind blowing my skirt. I really need to stop wearing floaty skirts. It was so windy today, I'm pretty sure at least ten people saw my knickers, and they weren't even nice ones. They were a Primark five for £2 speciality.

Taking inspiration from the Office press event I went in store to try some sandals on. As I was waiting for the assistant to bring the correct size I suddenly realised that my bag was revealing something rather embarrassing. Personally I LOVE it and everyone in my office loves it, but I don't think I want the whole world to know...


You know you want one.

Diet update, I've actually been pretty good today. Salad for lunch and jacket potato for dinner. However, I did eat two profiteroles and a mini cake. It's my housemates birthday though, so it's allowed.

Night x

1 comment: