Sunday 21 July 2013

Rule No.9: Making friends with the DJ can be useful

Today I feel like death. I'm actually a little concerned I could have bed sores tomorrow morning. I haven't moved all day (except to go to the toilet, get water, get food and open the door to the pizza delivery guy). Oh yea, the diet isn't going well still. I've watched 10 episodes of New Girl and have now finished the whole of season 2. I cried three times - Jess and Nick's relationship is just far too much for me to handle. I also think I'm getting tonsillitis, which is pretty horrendous. I'm presuming having craters in your tonsils is not a good sign anyway?

So yesterday I went to a posh pub with my housemates for lunch, which was really lovely. However, slightly awkward when I asked the waiter for my Pork Belly to come with chips instead of potato pancakes (I needed as much grease as possible after Lovebox). The waiter pulled a disappointed face, but said he will ask the chef. Five minutes later the chef came over to my table to convince me that I shouldn't exchange for chips as it would ruin the meal and that the potato pancakes were 'exquisite'. Obviously I stuck to chips, but felt so ashamed. I don't think I have ever felt so embarrassed to order chips before, I felt like I had asked Gordon Ramsey to make we a McChicken Sandwich meal.

After the pub we went to Battersea Park and hired a pedalo. I made sure that I was in charge of steering as I really miss driving my car (I haven't driven since moving to London) and it's the closest I could come to driving again. That, and pushing a shopping trolley round Sainsbury's. At first I was rather impressed with my skills, until I got cocky, which led to us getting stuck in a bush and narrowly missing a duck nest. People around us seemed to find this amusing, my housemates on the other hand did not see the funny side as they were getting hit by tree branches and leaves were getting stuck in their hair. I ended up getting us out of the bush however, and the rest of the pedalo ride was pleasant.



Last night we went out in Clapham North for my housemates birthday, which was really fun. We drank cocktails, we danced and I made friends with the DJ who was pretty hot. This meant we got all of our song requests played, and we sang at the top of our voices for the majority of the night. We also attempted to dance like Beyonce, but failed miserably.

Aimee and I (after a few too many cocktails) decided to show off our best pulling tactic. Unfortunately it wasn't effective. See below:




However, I do have a date next week...I met him at Lovebox on Friday and he's a really nice guy. Well he bought me and my friends bottles of water when we were thirsty and that always gives a guy brownie points anyway. He also wasn't put off when I sent him a pic of myself downing a pint of Guinness last night, which I weirdly drank faster than my two Irish guy friends...I think I need lessons on being more ladylike.

Anyway, I'm off to gargle some salt water.

Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment