Tuesday 23 July 2013

Rule No.11: It's not about one way conversations

I bloody did it! I got a pic of the easel. However, I didn't have time to queue for an hour so it's from afar. Nevertheless, I got one!




I went to Buckingham Palace after work in the end, it was always going to be a miracle if I got up early enough to go before work. I HATE mornings more than I hate Jessie J, which is a lot. Therefore, I had to rush there straight after work so I could still get to my fire poi lesson on time. I was rushing so much I had sweat flying off me. By the time I got on the tube at Green Park I was like a wet dog. Soaked. Slightly embarrassed I attempted to pat myself dry, but I was just sweating uncontrollably. I then attempted to use a magazine to waft myself, but that didn't really work and I don't think  people on the carriage were too impressed as they seemed to be concerned that I was just wafting sweat on them. A seat then became available so I sat down, which I thought would help calm the sweat down, and calm me down in general. As I sat down the man next to me shuffled away like I was really disgusting. This felt weird and I felt both embarrassed and ashamed, very ashamed. However, thankfully by the time I got to Brixton I had been restored to a normal person. I left the tube feeling slightly less disgusting. Slightly.

Two more things about the royal baby before I bore off...1) IT'S NOT GINGER 2) I loved this cover.


So the title of my post is referring to a couple of people I met this evening. I had never met them before so I thought I'd make conversation when introduced. However, every question I asked they'd just respond with a one word answer, and they wouldn't return the question. This to me is just rude. I've got to the point in life now where I know the people I like - people I can be completely myself around and I know are genuinely interested in talking to me. People that I can happily announce if I need the 'toilet toilet' to, people that won't judge me for liking Mcfly and people that will order pie and not salad. I just think there is no point making the effort with people that are rude or don't give a sh*t. If you initially try and don't get anywhere, then don't waste your breath. Personally, I'd rather sit in awkward silence, and that's exactly what I did. And, guess what, they STILL didn't try and make conversation. I would LOVE to see them on a first date.

Tonight I've been chatting to some girl mates from home (Coventry) in a whatsapp group. We were discussing how we fancy Eminem (I'm going to Reading festival), which randomly led onto whether we'd sleep with a famous crush if we knew they hadn't washed for a week. The general consensus was yes. I mean, would you turn down George Clooney or Miranda Kerr if they smelt like stilton?

I'll leave that thought with you.

Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment