Tuesday 19 November 2013

Rule No.62: Just because it's fluffy it doesn't make it OK

It's my last night.

NOOO! I don't want to go home.


That is supposed to be my crying face, but the dog got in the way. 

My dad is also crying. 


Well, he's actually yawning, but it looks like he's crying...

Today we went to the mall. I could have spent thousands of dollars, but instead I was a massive granny. I bought a towel and a jumper. Who goes to America and buys a towel? 

It was just so fluffy and I liked the shade of pink. Plus, it was $7, bargain! 

I nearly bought a Martha Stewart throw too, which was on offer. However, I stopped myself before my false teeth fell out.

The ice hockey game last night was a lot of fun. To get into the spirit I borrowed my sister in laws 'Carolina Hurricanes' hat, bought a foam finger and I bought a pumpkin beer. It was great, despite our team losing. 

The pumpkin beer was tasty though. I think it was pretty strong as I kept getting the giggles. Either that or pumpkin gives you the giggles (slightly ironic for Halloween). 



I also went to the zoo yesterday and I had my first ever circus experience today. I now want to be an acrobat. I might start with the less risky moves, like hula hooping. Then I'll go on to the trapeze. 

In other news, one of the guys from Tinder added me on Facebook the other day and we've been chatting. He asked me if the word 'oi' means yes. Can you believe Americans don't use 'oi'? I'm pretty sure I use the word at least once an hour. Weird. 

On that note, I'm going to leave you with some top American facts (mainly food related). Most are actually my personal opinion:

1) Cook-Out has the best milkshakes
2) Blue Moon is the best beer 
3) Traders Joes has the best New York style cheesecake 
4) The postman drives to each house and puts the post in the mail box through his van window. Therefore, the drivers seat is on the right hand side
5) Americans don't understand the English accent when you ask for a glass of water 
6) Around autumn everything seems to be pumpkin flavour, and around Christmas everything turns to peppermint 

There's plenty more, but I'm tired and can't think. 

Good night and speak to you when I'm back in England! 

P.S. Can you believe how good I have been at looking after babies? Who would have thought it. 


I'm like a mix of Dr Dolittle and Mary Poppins. 

Not quite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment