Sunday 10 November 2013

Rule No.58: Don't wear floaty dresses on the tube

It's Sunday, the day of rest.

Today was not a restful day.

After consuming a rather large amount of wine and gin last night I woke up this morning with a slight hangover. However, after some beans on toast and a cup of tea (I shouted for Heather to make me the tea and she surprisingly did...maybe I should save my voice next time and buy a bell to ring). 

I showered, tidied my room, put a wash on, tidied the kitchen and then swept up all of the leaves in my front garden. Then, I went to WHSmiths to buy wrapping paper, THEN to Waitrose to buy chocolate to take to my friend Sara's house as her boyfriend was making me a Sunday roast (well not just me, but I like to feel special). I presumed you should buy people a gift when they're providing dinner? Chocolate is always a good gift. Unless you're diabetic or on a diet of course, then it's a terrible gift. 

Check out the amazing roast, it was so incredible I think I'll be dreaming about it for weeks.


The picture doesn't do it justice.

The company was pretty damn good. 


What a cheerful bunch.

The below photo from Saturday night isn't so nice though...apparently gin makes you think you look a lot better than you do. I mean, why did we think this was a good idea?


I AM POUTING whilst everyone else is just looking at my phone.

Oh dear.

Anyway, instead of blabbering on I thought I would give you a little list of news:
  • Pedro never got in touch. I don't really get this as he was so persistent to get my number. Men are weird.
  • Someone stopped and asked me on Oxford Street if I would like to enrol on a course to learn English. I must look even more foreign than I thought.
  • I wore a floaty (maternity style) dress on Wednesday and was then paranoid on the tube that people would think I was pregnant. I prayed all the way to Oxford Circus that someone wouldn't offer me a seat. My prayers worked, but I was a paranoid Pamela the whole journey. 
  • It is never a good idea to drink an espresso martini to pass the time while your glass of Prosecco is being poured. I learnt the hard way.
  • When you're at a cool party (the Schuh launch party to be precise) don't chase the waiter serving slices of pizza, just act cool and wait for him to offer you a slice. Otherwise you'll end up looking like a tit when you finally get to him and realise he's run out. Like running for the bus and missing it, but worse because you look like a massive pig. Not that this happened to me of course. 
My next blog post is probably going to be from North Carolina as I'm going over to visit my brother, sister in law, nephew and my new niece on Wednesday!

There's a lot about the trip I am excited about. For example, I can't wait for plane food. 

Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment