Sunday 3 November 2013

Rule No.56: Don't chat to a guy outside the door to the toilets

I am currently watching Grease, eating Phad Thai and loving life.

I shouldn't be though, I got home at 9am this morning after staying up all night at a house party. Since when did my life become an episode of Skins? (well, not quite).

Hayley, Aimee and I decided to have a girlie night out, which started at the Hoxton Bar and Grill in Shoreditch. However, when the lights came on a 2am we didn't want to go home so we went to the Dolphin in Hackney. This is where we met some Brazilian men who invited us to a house party and we had a bit of a 'YOLO' moment. We left the Dolphin at 5am and went to the house party, we drank Brazilian alcohol, learnt to dance the samba and I did a poi show using socks. It wasn't until 8am that we decided we should probably go home and sleep.

Before the night began:


Our stamps from the Dolphin:


Some of our new Brazilian friends:



Luckily I was drinking water from 7am so I feel fine today! I also slept until 3pm... I genuinely think we've made some new friends, we've even been invited to stay with them in Rio during the world cup (not that this will actually happen). I've also exchanged numbers with a guy called Pedro. You know how much I like a foreign man...

In other news, I HAVE MICE. Not the cute kind in a glass cage either, the unwanted kind that wees and poos all over your house.

I have slept on the sofa since Tuesday after discovering mouse poo next to my pillow. I saw it, looked at it and exclaimed "ARE YOU F*CKING JOKING". I nearly cried. This was the first time I realised I had mice. However, I've put three mouse traps down and nothing has happened, I haven't seen or heard anything these past few days either. Therefore, I'm going to pick up the courage to sleep in my own bed tonight. Don't worry I've washed my bed sheets!

Just to clear things up...my house is very clean. Unfortunately, having mice in London is extremely common.

Anyway, as I haven't blogged for a while I thought I'd create a list of my weekly highlights and low lights.

Highlights:
1) I went to see Foxes play at the Google HQ. She's really good! The Google offices made me green with envy though, there's also a lot of good looking men there. I'm starting to think that I should start hanging around outside the offices
2) My friend Christian and I went to the photography exhibition at the Natural History Museum. It was so GOOD!!
3) I ate an amazing cupcake
4) My friend Hayley bought me a beautiful bracelet as a belated birthday present
5) I didn't burn myself in my fire poi class on Monday
6) I've consumed a lot of Baileys

Low lights:
1) Discovering mice, OBVIOUSLY
2) Getting screamed at on the tube by a guy wearing a scary clown mask (he was trying to scare me)
3) Being freaked out when stopped and asked to take a photograph for a skeleton on Oxford Street (Halloween outfit)
4) Sleeping on the sofa
5) Chatting to a guy on Thursday night while I was waiting for the toilet and my friend shouting 'Gina don't make it smell in there'

Overall, this week has been pretty good.

Good night people. x

No comments:

Post a Comment