Wednesday 6 November 2013

Rule No.57: Mice are stalkers

Im currently at Aimee's pad taking some time out from the mouse that has decided to have a permanent sleepover (uninvited) at my house. 


Monday night was a particularly miserable evening. I'd had two glasses of red wine during my fire poi lesson (it helps calm me down when I'm throwing fire...probably a little dangerous, but I am basically Batman now). When I got home I had a shower to wash all of the paraffin off, and I then passed out in my bed. However, after sleeping like a princess (the ogre version) for a number of hours I was woken up at 3am by the wonderful sound of a mouse rustling around in a plastic bag. 

What I really don't understand about this situation is that I had shoes in the plastic bag, SHOES!!! The stupid mouse, why did it feel the need to wake me up just so it could get to my SHOES. They're not made of chocolate and mice do not wear shoes.

Anyway, I thought I'd just go and sleep on the sofa instead of causing a fuss by waking my housemates up. So, I stumbled and grumbled to the sofa, closed the door and turned off the light. Two minutes later I could hear the mouse squeezing through the tiny gap between the door and the carpet.

The bloody knob head FOLLOWED me into the lounge. 

That was the final straw. I had to wake one of my housemates up. I got my elephant (my 'teddy bear') and slept in Heather's bed. I instantly felt safer knowing I had both my elephant and Heather to protect me. However, the mouse still followed me in my mind as I then kept having horrible dreams about it. 

And, this is why I'm currently here at Aimee's house. 

I woke up this morning, packed my overnight bag and went to work feeling instantly happier that I could escape theknob head  for a night. 

It wasn't until midday that I actually asked Aimee if I could stay over (I knew she'd let me). Therefore, when I met her after work she was a little confused to how I had an overnight bag already packed... 'Gina, did you pack before asking me?' 

Busted.

We both just looked at each other and burst out laughing. 

That is true friendship. 

I'm going to leave you with a photo of my wannabe husband. 



Good night from me and my pal Aimee x
 

I
gnore Aimee, she has just fake tanned...there is no excuse for me on the other hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment