Sunday 17 November 2013

Rule No.61: Always check your outfit in the mirror before you leave the house

I'm currently sitting here with my new mates trying to forget the fact I have a hangover. 


The problem with sleeping on the sofa is at 8am every morning I get woken up by a tongue licking my face. 

Just to make this clear, it's a dog tongue. 

I'm not sure why I felt the need to make that clear.  

Yesterday was an amazing day. It was Tom and Susanna's wedding, which was in a beautiful barn in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Everything about the day was perfect. The ceremony was beautiful and everyone cried (including me), the speeches were brilliantly funny, the music was amazing (Mumford and Sons, The Lumineers, Temptations) and the cake was UNBELIEVABLE. 

The problem with weddings is that they make you realise how single you actually are. For example, the table plan: 


Also, when the slow songs are played and the DJ announces "please can all of the couples come to the dance floor for this song" you get left at the edge of the dance floor drinking wine and smiling (deep down wanting to push all of the couples over).  However, I was soon back on the dance floor when Twist and Shout came on. 

One of the funniest moments of the day must have been during the exchanging of the vows when my two year old nephew, Luke suddenly farted. It was so loud and he just sat there like nothing had happened. Oh the shame. 

But seriously, what a beautiful setting. 


And the reception: 


After eating carbs for breakfast and lunch I made sure I wore my trusted pants to attempt to make my belly look flat. 


It only occurred to me after the wedding ceremony that the slit at the back of my dress actually revealed these sexy pants. Not the best thing for people to notice. This added to the fact that I forgot to zip my dress to the very top so I was walking round with my zip undone for most of the day.

What a mess. 

Anyway, I'm off to walk round the lakes to try to make my head feel better. 

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Haxell on such a wonderful day. 

Good bye x

P.S. I'm going to a hockey game tomorrow. I'm going to buy a corndog and a foam finger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment