Thursday 21 November 2013

Rule No.63: Don't talk about big sausages in public

I survived. 

I'm not talking about the plane journey either because that's always OK (unless you crash). I just listen to Noel Gallagher, watch romantic films that make me cry and take advantage of the free food and drink. 

Although, I need to stop eating so much (shock) as I have officially put on weight. Rather than being hourglass I'm more of a potato. A baked potato to be precise as it's squishy. I was planning on going to the gym tomorrow night, but I forgot I'd made plans to go to Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park. Therefore, I'll be drinking a lot of mulled wine and eating lots of German sausage instead (not a euphemism/metaphor). 

Talking about sausage. My manager is going to Winter Wonderland tonight and I realised after we hugged goodbye outside of work that I probably shouldn't have shouted "make sure you eat lots of sausage tonight!"

The man selling the Big Issue looked most amused. 



So anyway, back to surviving. My plane landed in Heathrow Airport at 6.30am this morning and I only slept for about an hour on the flight. I got back to my house at 8.30am, put a wash on, had a quick sleep and then headed into work at 1pm. The lack of sleep and the time difference made me look and feel like a zombie. A pale and unattractive one at that. 

When I saw my colleague Charlotte and shouted hello, she suddenly exclaimed  "oh Gina, why do you sound like Barry White?" Bloody charming. 

I do though. 

I must say as much as I love America  (and I would like to live there for at least a year one day), I do love London. Even though it's bitterly cold and I need a man to hold my hand, or preferably two men so both hands can keep warm. I just love the buzzy atmosphere, unique shops and cool little places to eat. I noticed a new restaurant has opened called Muriel's Kitchen on Old Compton Street. I looked at the menu and they sell fish pie and chilli con carne. I'm sold.

Maybe I should be looking at the salads now instead of the pies...

Right, I should probably get some much needed beauty sleep before my face causes people to run away and hide.

Good night x

No comments:

Post a Comment