Sunday 22 September 2013

Rule No. 45: Be yourself, everyone else is already taken

This weekend I spent 24 hours without a mobile phone. It was hell.

Ever since I organised Jeans for Genes Day at work on Friday and raised £49 for charity (not too bad), I have had bad karma. What is that about? It's not supposed to work like that, surely?

Not only did I break a mirror yesterday, but I got my phone stolen on Friday night. This meant that for 24 hours I was without a phone, which led to the below:

1) I couldn't check my Facebook when on the move (torture)
2) I couldn't take photos of my friends when we were out
3) I got lost and couldn't use maps on my phone...I had to ask a man in a petrol station for directions
4) My friends panicked where I was when I got lost. They were worried I had been murdered as I was over an hour late and couldn't contact them
5) I couldn't have my usual hungover phone conversations with Abi and Aimee
6) I couldn't phone my mum
8) I couldn't check Snapchat
9) I couldn't Tweet about my hangover
10) I couldn't check whether anyone had messaged me on Tinder

However, there were some good things:

1) I didn't drunk text anyone on Friday night
2) I didn't take horrific drunken photographs of myself or anyone else 
3) I didn't wake up with the dreaded 'oh no, who did I phone/text last night' panic

Aimee found my phone in the toilets of a bar we were in so I did actually get it back on Saturday. I'm not sure why someone took it out of my bag and then left it in the toilets, but oh well. I know what you're thinking...I was sober when it was taken from my bag, and no it wasn't me that left it in the toilet. I'm not that silly. I don't think.

The boy situation is still extremely disappointing. Although, a guy did tell me he liked my mole on Friday night. 

He could have said anything, 'I like your eyes', 'your face, 'your hair'...but no, my bloody mole. My friend Jo used to draw faces on my mole when we were at school, she would then point at me and say 'moley, moley, moley'.  Some would say this was bullying. 

I have reconstructed the mole face for you.



Yes, I am wearing a onesie.

I am actually going to have a shower in a minute as I have a fire poi lesson, so I'm not planning on being lazy all day... However, I would love to just sit in my onesie and listen to the new Arctic Monkeys album all day. It's so unbelievably good. I think 'Knee Socks' and 'Snap Out Of It' are my favourite tracks. I always want to break out into a dance when I'm listening to 'Snap Out Of It' on the tube.

I'm going to leave you with something I saw yesterday. I was sitting on a wall in the Tesco car park (as you do) and a couple in their 40s came out of Tesco and just left their trolley in the middle of the car park. They were too lazy to push it another 10 metres to the trolley station. Then, a little girl who was probably only about 5 years old came out of Tesco with her mum. She saw the trolley and went up to it. Her mum told her to leave it alone, but she didn't listen, she pushed the trolley over to the trolley station and put it away like it was supposed to. This just shows that some children have more common sense, manners and decency than adults. We can learn a lot from kids. 

Oscar Wilde created today's rule, and I believe he has a very good point. Be yourself. 



Even if you're a complete weirdo.

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment