Friday 13 September 2013

Rule No. 42: Don't say yes to things you know you won't want to do

This is another one of those 'I'm sorry I haven't blogged for days' posts.



I'M SORRY.

I had a shoot yesterday and didn't get home until after 9pm. I was so tired I consumed half a packet of haloumi and then passed out. On the plus side, after over 8 hours sleep (very rare for me) I feel ridiculously awake today.

The shoot went really well though. We were shooting three real readers and dyeing their hair bright colours - red, purple and pink dip-dye. All of the readers were amazing on camera, and they looked so great that I had to get the makeup artist to give me a makeover so I didn't feel too depressed standing next to them.

Check out Lorna's incredible dip-dye: 


She's off to be a fresher at Bournemouth Uni on Sunday so she'll definitely be making a statement!

I helped direct the shoot yesterday and I was pretty impressed with myself. I also went out to get everyone sweets and chocolate in the afternoon. I think I became everyones best friend when I came back with Haribo, Oreos, Peanut M&Ms and Giant Jelly Snakes (mainly so that I could eat them).

I also helped the stylist decide what each reader should wear on the shoot. When doing so I also found something that I liked...  (please ignore the horrible selfie)
 


It makes me look fierce and I like the fact I'll probably scare children. I doubt it will help me attract men though. However, I am thinking it could be a conversation starter...

On to today:

It's Friday the 13th, but so far it's been a pretty good day. Subway sent us bacon sandwiches this morning so obviously that has made me extremely happy. However, I've got silent speed dating tonight and I REALLY don't want to go (yes it's speed dating in silence...you can only mime). I have to go because I can't let my friend down, but I'm nearly crying just thinking about it. I just want to go home and watch Notting Hill, and finish the tub of Ben & Jerry's that's in the freezer.

I'll update you tomorrow on how it goes. Sob.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment