Sunday 6 October 2013

Rule No.49: When things go wrong it's not bad luck, it's usually because you're an idiot

Where do I begin?

The past few days have been pretty eventful and annoyingly the events have mostly been unfortunate. 

I'll let you judge for yourself...

Wednesday - After making the effort to get up early and make myself look nice for the Zest Beauty Awards, I somehow fell down the stairs of my flat on my way out of the front door. I fell all the way down, grazed my knees and elbows, and have spent the past few days walking with a limp. I even considered crutches at one point. Consequently, sitting down has been difficult, I've had to hold onto things to help myself down because my legs hurt so much. I usually love sitting down. It has however made my excuse for not going to the gym a little more valid.

Here's my knee:


OK fine, there's no blood or stitches, but it HURT.

Thursday - I decided to get the train home from work instead of the tube. As I got to Balham I didn't realise the train doors were closing as I was too busy searching for my Oyster card. The doors closed and the train was about to head towards Croyden until two amazing guys came to my rescue. They pressed the 'open' button about 1,000 times so the doors would open again.

OK fine, that was just me being stupid and actually the situation was resolved.

Before you ask, no the guys were not hot.

Friday - I had a Vauxhall ADAM for the weekend and on my way home from work I stupidly ran out of petrol despite all of the warning signs. I had to walk to the nearest petrol station.



OK fine, that wasn't bad luck, it was just me being idiotic.

Saturday - A lorry drove on the pavement to overtake a car and nearly knocked me down like a domino. My friends had to pull me out of the way so I didn't get hit - very scary.

OK fine, I didn't ACTUALLY get hit.

Sunday - Despite getting up at 8.30am on a SUNDAY and spending two hours refreshing the website, I DIDN'T get a Glastonbury ticket. I nearly cried.

Overall, I hope you understand why I'm currently lying on my bed listening to Ronan Keating - When You Say Nothing At All, and hugging my elephant. I really thought this year would be my Glasto ticket year.



There have been some positives this week though, let's not always look on the dark and miserable 'I want to punch everyone around me' side. 

Vauxhall are sponsoring the Cosmopolitan Ultimate Women of the Year Awards this year and they've lent us a Vauxhall ADAM. Therefore, I borrowed it for the weekend and drove to Brighton yesterday... 
a) I've never been to Brighton before and I LOVE IT 
b) I drove for the first time in three years and I really enjoyed it
c) I got to sing my heart out and listen to Heart.FM really loud
d) I could wave at fit guys and drive off (then get stuck at the traffic lights)
e) The Brighton Wheel kindly gave us free tickets and it was incredible 
f) I had the best fish and chips on the beach
g) I got to go through the McDonalds drive thru and eat burgers in the carpark

Here's a photo summary of my happier times.




 Yes, I know two out of three photos involve food...

Right, I'm off to make a cup of tea and sit in a dark room. Have a lovely Sunday. x

P.S. It's my birthday on Thursday so I would start thinking about my birthday present now.


2 comments:

  1. Great post! Today is Thursday, so happy birthday to you! :)

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com

    ReplyDelete