Friday 25 October 2013

Rule No.54: Always sit next to someone wearing headphones

I've just woken up. 

I'm currently on a train to Leeds... and about two hours ago I consumed half a bottle of Prosecco. On a Friday afternoon this makes you very tired, well it made me tired anyway. I'm glad the man sitting next to me is wearing headphones as I was bound to be snoring. I mean, I snore anyway, but when I'm a little drunk I sound like a lawn mower (my housemate at uni thought the sound was a lawn mower outside once). 

I understand this makes me sound extremely unattractive. 

I've been meaning to say this for a while now, I'm really sorry I don't blog as much as I used to. I really wish I could, but I don't get home until at least 9pm most nights and it's very difficult to find time when I get home. I'm only getting six hours sleep as it is. I still love you though so please don't take it personally. 

This week I have consumed a lot of steak. Well only one steak, but it was big and usually I'm a pescatarian (except for chicken and sausages). 

I went to the Dean Street Townhouse for dinner on Tuesday night with a client. It's a bit of a gentleman's club and there are often some kind of celebs in there. It has really nice food (extremely good scotch eggs). However, I think because of all the men in there, I became a man. I had a whiskey and ginger for my drink, scallops for starter (not so manly) and a massive ribeye for main. The knife they gave me to cut it with was like a butchers knife. I felt both masculine and powerful. And I didn't have dessert!! I always have dessert. 

Wednesday night I went to see Jake Bugg at Brixton Academy. He was so good, it's rare an artist sounds exactly like they do on their album when they're live. He was one of those rarities.

The only problem was that throughout his whole performance two REALLY LOUD Scottish girls decided to chat about their day. Why they couldn't wait until after the gig I do not know. They were discussing Katie Price, work, boys...all sorts. I nearly had to turn round and tell them to shut up, but I hate being that person. Even though I'm sure people would have appreciated it, I would have felt like a moaning old woman. 

I did feel like I had really aged at the gig though. I would have always pushed to the front and faced being crushed, covered in sweat and getting my feet trod on when I was younger. Just so I could get a little closer to the stage. I now enjoy standing nearer the back (towards the side) so I can watch without any pushing. Soon I'll be bringing my own armchair to sit on. 

In other news, my friend Christian has bought me a ticket for the photography exhibition I wanted to go to (mentioned in my last blog post). Therefore, I'm going next week! What an amazing guy. He also knows me too well... he had to ask if 11.30am was too early for us to go, which proves our friendship. 

I'll be honest, it is pretty early for a Saturday. 
However, I'm going to make the effort to actually get out of my onesie and leave the house next weekend.

Right, I'm about to arrive in Leeds. 

Have a lovely weekend! 

P.S. I heard an announcement at Kings Cross earlier "unattended bags will be destroyed or buried by transport services". 

Are they dogs??

P.P.S. I know I haven't used any images so here's a photo of my headphone, which got stuck in my hair yesterday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment