Tuesday 24 December 2013

Rule No.71: Don't get a blow dry on a rainy day

I have been at my parents house in Coventry for nearly two hours now and I've already had two cups of tea and a whole shepherds pie made for me. This is the life. FYI, I didn't eat the whole pie as it was big enough for three people (although I wanted to).

My Dad has already given me the job of wrapping the presents he bought for my mum. It's my yearly task as apparently he can't wrap presents himself... However, I'm pretty sure this is a lie. Just like the time my brother told me 'I was the best at making cups of tea' so that I would feel special and actually want to make them. 

Anyway, a few things have happened in the past 24 hours...

I got my nails done last night and looked like Edward scissor hands. 


But now they look nice. 


I decided to get rid of the festive nails and go for a more grown up look...I am not five years old after all.

This morning Charlotte and I had a blow dry so we would look nice for the Christmas period. This obviously included the usual question from the hairdresser, "so where are your family from originally then? You're obviously not English".

I wonder if people will ever think I look English? I feel like my face just tells a massive lie. I am a walking (usually sitting) LIE. 

We then had a team breakfast, which included poached eggs on toast with maple bacon and avocado. It was heaven. I think I just dribbled again.

It was then time to do some work (bah humbug). However, I was actually quite productive considering it was Christmas Eve. I of course ensured we were listening to some 80s classics to keep us going. Don't hate me, but I'm bored of Christmas songs already...even Michael Buble ones.

After work I had a last minute trip to Fortnum and Mason to do some rather late Christmas present shopping. This basically included me pushing tourists out of the way whilst getting two items that I had pre planned to buy. I knew exactly where they were so I felt like I was doing some kind of game show challenge to get to them without physically pushing anyone over (or punching them). Luckily I survived. Oh, and the tourists survived too.

As I left the office to go to Euston station it started to bloody rain. Therefore, my blow dry was ruined. What a waste! At least my hair is now extra clean...

More annoyingly, I had so much stuff to take home I looked and felt like a sweaty donkey. 


I was supposed to be pulling a miserable face in this picture, but I actually look like I'm doing a Paris Hilton pout.

The photo doesn't really do the 'donkey look' much justice. However, I also had a bag on my back and my suitcase weighed more than me... The price I pay to give my family presents at Christmas (and most importantly bring enough clothes back so I have numerous outfits to choose from each day). 

I'm shortly going to the City Arms in Coventry. It's a yearly tradition to meet at the pub and I can't wait to see everyone (and drink). Although, I'm only going to stay out until midnight. The nights of going to the Colosseum (a Coventry club) after the City Arms and getting a kebab at 3am are over. You can never appreciate your Christmas dinner when you have a hangover and you're still full from a morning kebab...

I hope Santa visits you tonight chums. I know he's not visiting me until Boxing day, but you know, I'm not selfish so I hope you get lots of presents. Then you can hopefully share them with me. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment