Wednesday 4 December 2013

Rule No. 66: Tube journeys have their ups and downs

I've hit an all time low.


I've run out of guys on Tinder. 

What am I going to do with my time now?!
So the main topic today is the tube (underground). Starting with a nice story about a dog...

I was sitting on the tube the other day observing the rest of the carriage whilst listening to One Direction. I noticed a couple had fallen out and were sitting next to each other, but facing in opposite directions with miserable faces. There was a man wearing a suit who was obviously really tired from work and was dozing off. And everyone else just looked pretty fed up... it was 7pm on a Monday after all. Then, a guy came on the tube and sat down with a little dog. It was so bizarre, all of these tired people with sad faces suddenly lit up. Everyone started smiling and two people even got up to go over and stroke the dog. Then the couple that had fallen out smiled at each other and the guy even grabbed her hand.

It just shows you what a dog can do.

This story I don't find as nice. I got off at Stockwell on Tuesday morning to change to the Victoria line. As I was getting off the tube a guy said to his mate 'she's not bad bro'. That's right, 'NOT BAD'!!! I mean it's not the best thing to be publicly called, he may as well have shouted 'she will do I suppose'... Well, thanks for that, I'll now skip to work thinking what a catch I must be. 

Then again, this morning was HORRENDOUS. A few seconds after I got on the tube a man started rubbing himself against me. I wasn't sure if I was being paranoid, but I moved away from him and stood with my back against the tube door just in case. However, he then moved next to me and put his hand on my bum (he was a business man in his early 40s, if you would like to picture him). At first I thought 'this can't actually be happening', but I looked down and he definitely had his hand on my bum, so I wasn't imagining things. I built up the courage and shouted "CAN YOU PLEASE STOP THAT". He replied 'stop what?'. I then shouted even louder "WILL YOU TAKE YOUR HAND OFF MY BUM RIGHT NOW". Guess what his reply was...? "oh, sorry". He did take his hand away though. The worst thing about this is that I then had to stand next to him on the crowded tube for another three stops. I was fuming. What a disgusting man.

I am proud of myself though. This is about the eighth time a man has done something like this to me on the tube. I've always just kept quiet and moved away. This time I wanted to embarrass him (although he didn't seem too bothered). I will never keep quiet again though, you never know they might think you like it if you don't say anything. It's just shocking how many disgusting men there are out there.

Anyway, this weekend was ace. Jade, Fern and Kirsty visited me for the weekend and we had a right adventure! Starting off in Sushi Samba for a glass of wine, then a stroll round Spitalfields market, then lots of dancing, sausage eating and mulled wine drinking at Winter Wonderland. THEN, we went to Shoreditch for a night out (yes, this was all in one day). This is the mess I had to deal with on the bus:



And this is the mess I had to deal with in the outside area of the Dolphin in Hackney.


The best quotes from the weekend were as follows:
Fern = "To be fair I did used to have a thing for Bart Simpson"
Kirsty = "Gina, have you got an adaptor?" (yes that's right she thought her visit to London meant she'd need to use a plug adaptor...)

I wouldn't change them for the world.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment