Monday 9 December 2013

Rule No.67: Consider drinking water and not just vodka

On Thursday 5th Dec it was the Cosmopolitan Women of the Year Awards, which were held at the V&A in London. 

I prepared the night before with a face mask.


I wasn't going for the Hannibal Lecter look on purpose.

On the day itself I had my makeup and nails done with a client. I felt pretty pampered for once, I actually looked alright! On arrival I saw McBusted being photographed by the press, but then got distracted by men handing out champagne. This was a problem throughout most of the night.

I did have my photo taken with McBusted though. I went over to them and exclaimed "I'm just so excited you're all here". To which Dougie replied "oh, that's cool". However, we both knew it wasn't cool and I actually sounded like a massive tit. I got a photo anyway. 


We all went to sit down for dinner and the room looked beautiful. 


My photography skills were terrible so I apologise.

I nipped to the toilet before the awards started and met Nicole and half of Little Mix in the queue. Nicole didn't actually queue for the toilet though..she just went straight in. Then again, I saw Paloma Faith go into the mens toilets to skip the queue.

Fair play.

Here I am looking creepy with Scherzy and my friend Mel.


And here I am wanting to look like a Little Mixer.


By the time the awards had finished I had consumed a rather large amount of vodka. This was mainly due to the fact my friend JoJo was pouring me drinks that consisted of half vodka, half lemonade. They were so strong that they tasted vile, so everyone told me just to hold my nose and drink it really quickly. And since I am a massive idiot that's exactly what I did.

Then this photo happened with Harry from McFly... 


It's such a shameful pose, even for me. Ah well, Harry seemed to be getting into it...

The rest of the night consisted of more drinks, lots of dancing and a really good evening. Next year I am going to stay relatively sober though...I'm annoyed at myself that my night is a bit of a blur. Plus, I was sick six times the next morning before having to go to work. It was less than ideal.

Don't worry, I've already given myself a good talking to. 

Anyway, yesterday I saw my mummy!

We went to see Matthew Bourne's Swan Lake, which was incredible! My mum had been given a ticket to see the show as she used to make costumes for Andy Monaghan who was the Prince. Therefore, I decided to buy a ticket so I could go along too. However, this meant I was sitting on my own (you'll understand the relevance of this in a minute).

I was planning to meet my mum at the theatre at 2pm, but due to an EXTREMELY slow tube I didn't get there until 2.45pm. The show had started at 2.30pm so the theatre staff let me in during a scene change, but it was pitch black and I couldn't see where I was going. Typically my seat was right in the middle of the row so I had to make everyone stand up so I could walk to the middle. This was until I got to a man who refused to stand up to let me past. The only way I could get past him was to physically climb over him, which I obviously couldn't do. Therefore, I was stuck. People started moaning and saying 'this is ridiculous'. I didn't know what to do. 

I had no choice but to sit where I was. I couldn't get 15 people to stand up for me again. Luckily for me a kind woman let me have her seat and her two children (who were actually in their 20s had to share a seat). It was awful. When it got to the interval the kind woman, one of her children and six women over the age of sixty that were sitting in the row behind me all shouted at the horrible man. It was funny, all of the moaning and the 'this is ridiculous' comments were actually about the man. Such a relief because I thought I had made a lot of theatre goers very angry. 

After the interval I went to go and sit in my actual seat, but as I was squeezing past people to get to it I spilt half of my glass of water over two girls in the row below. They gave me a horrible look and moaned at me. I felt like maybe I don't belong at the ballet and maybe I'm just not sophisticated enough. However, I sat down and decided to just forget that I am a total pillock and enjoy the rest of the show.

The show was abolsutely amazing and Andy was an incredible prince. I want to go again! Next time I'll leave extra early and avoid glasses of water...

Night x


No comments:

Post a Comment