Sunday 22 December 2013

Rule No.70: Don't wear red dresses in December. Unless you want to look like Santa.

This week I discovered that I can fit five Lindt balls in my mouth. 


Yes, I know that if they were unwrapped I'd be able to fit more in, but I wanted to refrain from consuming 60 million calories. Plus, I'm one of those weird people that doesn't actually like them very much.

It has also been the week that I got free tickets to see Boyzone at the O2. I'm a big believer that if you don't ask then you don't get (common sense really). Therefore, I asked a PR company if they had any spare tickets and they did, so they gave them to me. Whoop. I took my friend Amy, which was a great surprise as I didn't expect anyone would actually want to go. However, the fact we were in a box with free wine and free food was probably the deciding factor.


Burger, wine and Boyzone. Heaven.

They were the band that I was most obsessed with as a child, I used to go to sleep every night wishing I could marry Stephen Gately. You can imagine how heart broken I was when he announced that he was gay. All of a sudden the dream of marrying him and having lots of little Stephens running around was completely shattered.

I remember getting my first Boyzone tshirt when I was about nine. My friend Jo gave me hers because she knew how obsessed I was with them. What a true friend. I wore it to school nearly everyday. I still can't believe my parents and my teachers let me wear it in the end of year school photo.



Yes, I did look like a boy.

In other news, an incident occurred yesterday morning and now I'm scared that I might go to hell. The doorbell went, which usually I would just ignore because it's generally someone pressing the wrong buzzer. However, yesterday I thought it could be the postman so I hurriedly went to answer it. However, to my surprise it was Jehovah's Witnesses -  a young man (approx. 18 yrs old) and his dad. They told me that they wanted to spread the love of God... I was standing there in my pyjamas, which consisted of shorts and a tight white (rather see-through) tshirt and no bra on. I also had no makeup on and my hair looked like a birds nest that had fallen from a tree, and then been repeatedly stamped on. I quickly tried to hide behind my front door, but the poor boy had already witnessed the disgusting sight. He didn't know where to look. No one should have had to witness this. I honestly don't know why I didn't think to at least put on a jumper before I answered the door. 

Anyway, I took a leaflet from the terrified guy, wished him and his dad a Merry Christmas and quickly closed the door.  I have definitely learnt my lesson, I am never answering the door looking like that EVER again. I don't even know why I thought it would be OK to open the door like that to the postman?!

Moving on...

Christmas.

It's a funny time of year isn't it?! I wore a red dress on Friday and I'm pretty sure people thought I was trying to dress like Mrs Claus. I wasn't even trying to be festive, I just like the dress. However, I've come to the conclusion that red dresses are not allowed to be worn in December. Someone should make this rule more clear, which is why it is my rule number 70. You can thank me by sending flowers.


You're welcome.

One other massive fact is that Christmas is the time of year where people want to fall/be in love. They want to recreate Love Actually, The Holiday...they want to hold hands whilst walking in the snow, they want to drink mulled wine together and of course share a German sausage. However, I definitely do not. I especially wouldn't want to SHARE a German sausage, I want one TO MYSELF. You see, the years when I have had a boyfriend at Christmas have actually been the worst ones. I'm sure this won't always be the case and the fact is that I have just had bad luck, but this year I'm very much looking forward to being alone.

One year my boyfriend wasn't talking to me because he got it into his head that I was cheating on him whilst back in Coventry. I mean, the only male that I was snuggling up to was my dog. And last year my boyfriend didn't speak to me all Christmas day because he was too busy spending it with the girl he was cheating on me with.

However, because it's Christmas, some strange things have occurred. Surely this hasn't just happened to me? In the past two days my ex boyfriend got in contact, a guy I dated for a while also contacted me AND another guy left me a voice mail on Friday night. The voice mail was of him singing 'Oasis - Supersonic' whilst playing guitar. He even changed the line so it said "Gina, you make me laugh". Some would say this was quite romantic, but let's be honest, if they were actually interested they would have done something about it by now. Christmas does funny things to people. Or maybe I'm just an idiot?
  
Actually, there is something that might happen. I am thinking about doing my first ever YouTube video for you, and the debut would be on Christmas Day. This maybe a ridiculously bad idea, but hey it's Christmas...

P.s. I have a red spot on my nose again. Perfect time of year to look like Rudolph.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment